15.3.15

Trail ride...


Happy Sunday, hope you are doing something wonderful!

in amongst all the usual housework/washing/ironing stuff I am finishing up some layouts.  Some of you may know that I have signed up over at Big Picture Classes (I was a member of the original site) and have already taken a few of the classes.  This layout is from one of those classes "Like" and it is being taught by April Foster. 

I have made a promise to myself this year to use my stamps more (instead of just collecting them, favourite habit of mine) so this class was a good choice.  The stamp that was used in the class was available but I wanted to try and use one of my own instead.  It took me ages to find a stamp that was going to work and I will be honest I almost gave up.  I went right back into the archives of my craft room and searched through my Ali Edwards stamps from Technique Tuesday. This stamp set is still available, just follow the link for Technique Tuesday.  I picked out the "Life right now" stamp set which I got back in June 2012 and had never been used.  

The technique we used was to fill the stamped image with watercolour paints. I don't own any water colour paints but wondered if using a water brush and a stamp pad would work the same.  I used a stamp pad from Stampin Up! These stamp pads are great because if you push the lid of the pad down while closed you end up with ink on the inside of the lid.  You then use your brush to paint in onto your project.  It worked great and I was please how it came out.



I have another layout that I am almost finished which uses another stamp from this set.  Its a layout from the same class but teaches another technique.  I am really enjoying finding new ways to use my stamps. Actually I am enjoying using my stamps.

Thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions please feel free to leave your questions in the comments section.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Love me :-)

4 comments:

  1. That's such a great technique - thank-you! And it actually makes your titles more interesting because each is unique and differently shaded. I also love the repetition and the design of your page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Alexa for your kind words, I absolutely loved the technique

      Delete
  2. Love it, another page I will have to put in my scrap lift pile.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweet friend, are you getting excited yet

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.