24.10.16

Joy - christmas card


Welcome to my second project using the new christmas release from Kellie Stamps.  This months clear and digital stamps are clever and it doesn't really matter what your style, you will be able to find something you just have to have.

For this project I used a technique called "stamping off" which simply means that you ink your stamp, then stamp your image several times before re-inking it.  It gives to look of several different shades of the one colour.  So if you only have one stamp pad, by using this technique, it turns your one ink colour into several shades.  I started off by drawing a very light triangle, in pencil onto my cardstock.  Then I repeatedly stamped the same image image over and over again filling in the triangle.  Once I was happy with my stamped images and carefully rubbed out the pencil line.  Then I sewed some gold thread onto my tree shape to give the impression of tinsel, added some wooden stars.  I finished it off by adding a doily and the word joy to the bottom of my tree.

I used a stamp from the new clear set "merry joy".




I hope this little technique has inspired you to try it for yourself.  It is quite fun and takes away the "perfect stamped image" stress.

Enjoy your stamping
Love me :-)



1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.