3.1.18

Finish it, file it or fling it...



Happy New Year!

It goes without saying, I think, that I am so glad 2017 is over.  It was a hard year, the hardest of my life and I still have a long way to go but I just needed 2017 to be over.  And, now that it's over some things need to change. 

A lot of lifestyle changes need to be made (a blog post for another time) but also other things like my craft room.  I don't know how many times I have cleaned, purged and re-done my craft room it always ends up the same... overfilled and messy. 

Part of the reason for this is my amazing ability to start new projects.  Seriously, it's my superpower.  I can start a new project at the drop of a hat and while I am starting a new project I am already thinking about the next one.  So I have come up with a plan (yes technically it's a new project but let's not get technical).  Finish it, File it, Fling it. 

Here are the details:-

I will select something in my craft room.
I must decide to finish it, file it or fling it.
I cannot change my mind, put it back, or choose something else.
If I choose to finish it then I can choose to finish it or re-do it as long as the ending is a completed project.
File it can simply mean putting it away where it belongs, or accepting that it is as finished as it's ever going to be and putting away.
Fling it can mean throw it out, pass it on or donate it as long as it's gone.
This goes to all things large or small, scrapbook pages to entire quilts.
This project will begin January 1, 2018.
At the end of 2018 I will assess the craft room situation and decide what further course of actions needs to be taken.

Wish me luck!!

Love me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.